My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's about time!I



I can't believe how bad I've been at not posting! LOL I just never put time aside for it, and at night I am too tired by the time I get back to my room. I'm a failure! LOL

So... It has been an incredible week, in so many different ways. Wednesday was kind of full. I woke up a little late, but made it down to class on time. Bro Mooney is so neat. I love his class. Chapel was incredible. They pretty much had service with us standing up at the altar, when Bro Romine was ready to preach he let us sit down, but it was all just so incredible. Immediately afterward, Kayla and I were deceived into going to help for "an hour or so" (Chris Henderson's interpretation of how long it would take) at Calvary to stuff about 2200 envelopes.... We got there around 12:30, and we got back to the school closer to 4:15. LOL so then right after, Kayla and I went running up and down the street by the guys dorms and then came back and got ready for church. Thursday was a pretty busy day, I almost did not make it to class that morning. The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and put my hair up and ran downstairs. Good thing Bro Rodenbush was looking for a projector to use. That afternoon was rather boring, but that night, we had the most awesome prayer meeting (yes it was better than last week). We got in there at 9:30 and did not leave until 11:15... God is so good. Then yesterday, let's just say, that I was topsy turvy all day long... It all started with me realizing I had 20 minutes til class, so I got up, combed my hair, and was looking for what to wear, when the warning bell rang!!! I grabbed the first outfit I didn't have to iron, slipped on shoes, grabbed my books, and ran downstairs. When I was sitting in class, I first noticed I did not have my watch on, my contacts in, or my homework lol. Then I started realizing that the people in my class did NOT look familiar from the regular music class, then Bro Anderson started calling roll, and my name wasn't in it, so I looked at my schedule and realized that I had an hour before my class was supposed to start, lol so I just got up said "OOPS! Wrong class" and walked out and back upstairs to finish pulling myself together. LOL! It was so cool. The rest of the day was really slow. Then last night a little before curfew ball they had live music in the lobby, and we were all listening to people get up and sing, and mess around, then Natalie Thompson got up and started singing the song "Jesus most beautiful name that I know" and that was the end of the playing around. it went from song to song of worship and was just incredible.... Like I said God is so good.

Curfew ball was last night and those are the pictures you will see. Today has been rather quiet. I got up around 10:30 got ready and already put my piano practice time in. Aunt Carlene and Uncle Marty came to surprise us, we are going to go hear him preach a conference in Connersville tomorrow night! Aunt Carlene brought all 3 of us kids our own bag of cookies. Now I am just waiting impatiently for dinner! YAY

3 comments:

Sarrah D. said...

Erica, I missed you on outreach yesterday. LOL seriously I was thinking, why didn't Erica come. Than my very smart brain reminded me that you are far far way.

Bekki said...

HAHAHAHAHAH Erica, I just read this post all the way through, and realized that you went into the wrong class...so did you really wake up late or did you just think you did? LOL

Erica Rose said...

AWWW Sarrah I miss going on outreach with you! I think you are one of THE first people I went on outreach at ILC with! LOL Smart brain.... heheheh

And Bekki I did not wake up late. For some odd reason I kept thinking I was in the 9:40 am class. Come to realize I could have slept in almost an hour more and been on time for my originally scheduled class at 10:30!!! Hahah oh well