My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Friday, August 8, 2008

On the Road Again

So we THOUGHT we would be leaving tomorrow. Guess what.... It is 9:20 something or other and we are already on the road. Barely passing the 215 on the 15 heading up to the 40. It was so hard saying our goodbyes! So I tried to post on my brothers laptop using his air card but no it wouldn't work for me! HMPH! So I am txting it onto my blog. A little awkward but hey it works lol! So we are planning on driving all night til we reach Amarillo Texas (spelling?) and then stopping for an hour to rest then heading on to St Louis where we will spend tomorrow night and then go see my grandma. So were looking at about 26 hours not including the hour to 2 hour stop we will make in Texas! So we need your prayers! Each one of us will drive 2 hours and then have 4 hours off. Hopefully it will work! Ill keep you all updated!

6 comments:

Nila said...

I'm trying my best not to cry tonight, because I really am happy for all my kids. I loved helping you squish all your clothes and shoes in the trunk. OMW, I can not believe how much stuff is in that car!! I hope you all have a safe and happy trip. Love you...
Chelsie and Benji don't know what to do with themselves. They are SO missin' you!

Erica Rose said...

Oh my! Yes trying to get the clothes situated was nerve wracking! Lol I'm afraid that one of us will accidentally bump the trunk button on the key and we will have to go thru closing it all over again! Lol thankfully the trunk is nice sized!!!

Erica Rose said...

Oh and you are missed already mom! And the babies too! I still can't believe how frantic benji started acting when he realized I was leaving without him!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!!!! I miss you! I did wake up from a restless (or wrestless? lol) sorry excuse for sleep in the middle of the night and said a prayer for you! Your poor car! LOL. Sounds like you mite be low riding lol. Love ya much my dear!

Bekki said...

I did too Nicole!!! I woke up worried.

I really can't quite believe that you're gone...BUT you're coming back in November and then December...and I am going to visit too. So I am really happy for ya! Even though I am not happy for me. LOL.

The poor dogs...they are going to mope for weeks. I remember my dog moped for months after I moved out. She was heartbroken.

Erica Rose said...

I'm so glad that I was thought of in the middle of the night! Lol! Poor Nicole! Lol! And I hope the dogs don't mope too much. I feel so bad as it is! Lol!