My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Made It!!!



So now I am **Officially** 3 hours ahead of all of you Californians! It is a bittersweet feeling! I am so glad to be out of the car and my Aunt Carlene's house smells WONDERFUL!

So, today started with a bang... lol ok not really but we woke up at 4 am Oklahoma time... So 2 am Cali time. and started out by 5 am and then hit Cracker Barrel for breakfast around 8:30. Then we got to my Grandma Marxer's by around 2 and went and visited with my Great Grandma Marxer (the earphones she has on is so that she can hear everything around her... like hearing aids... but not) and then went to eat with my Grandma and got back on the road... And arrived at my Aunt's at 11:25 Indiana time (8:25 Cali time)... Now I am half blogging and half watching Jason play bowling on the wii... it is EXTREMELY entertaining. I'll probably be worse... the above pictures were from our road trip hope you enjoyed them (and no those cows were NOT the cows I thought were deer the cows I mistook for deer were brown and white... at least they were the same color lol)!

5 comments:

Bekki said...

It's a cow...no wait. That's a stopsign. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH you're actually there. Good grief you did get some hilarious pictures.

Wa, wa, wa, wa...

Rachel R said...

Enjoyed your pictures Erica! Almost made me miss living on the TX/OK border seeing all that prairie. (We lived there last summer)

Hope you have a good experience at IBC :o)

Erica Rose said...

Bekki- hahah wa wa wa!!!! LOL I kept thinking about Charlie Brown a lot lately hehehe. And my brothers PURPOSELY posed for some of those pictures hahah

Rachel- Thank you! It was some BEAUTIFUL country side that we got to see... Makes me wanna go on another roadtrip... in a BIGGER car... ok van... ok BUS with LOTS of room and few people! LOL I hope I do too... I am already missing home but I am excited about the up-coming year!

Nila said...

Have a good time, Erica. Learn as much music as you can and come home and apply it! You will become a wonderful keyboard player! Everyone here misses you so much. It must be nice to be so well-loved. Glad you made it safe and sound to Aunt Carlene's.

Bekki said...

I am sure they did pose. Jason sent me a picture in which he looked dead...I am assuming it was faked.

I saw an Alvin and the Chipmunks CD at Wal Mart the other day...I almost purchased it for you...LOL