My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Friday, August 1, 2008

Count-down has Begun

Well.... A week from today is when the Marxer kids take off! Kinda scary huh? If we don't kill each other on the way it will be a miracle lol JUST kidding!!! So I know most of my friends are pretty saddened about me leaving, but I am not. I told Bekki the other day that I know I will get sad... watch once the newness goes away, I'll be crying myself to bed every night... OH MY WORD! This is going to be hard. But I can do this!

So here I sit in the middle of piles of dress clothes that I am going to take wondering how to fit them all in a suitcase since I will only need some for Sunday and Wednesday's services. Bekki suggested those vacuum bags... Lol I want to try to fit as much as I can in as few things as possible. I have only 1 regular sized suitcase to claim as my own (since it is bright pink be assured that the boys will NOT want to use it). I never realized how much stuff I don't wear until I cleared out my closet of only the clothes I know I will wear while there! (And shopping today added to that amount). So I figure if I make all my clothes into little rolled up cylinder-like shapes, then I can fit most of them in my one suit case and the rest in my little carry-on suitcase and the REST in some bag! LOL I CAN DO THIS!!! (oh dear I forgot about shoes and purses) I have 3 lists of Things to get while in Indiana, things to get before I leave, and a general to do list. (I love list making).. but list making is not helping me figure out how to conserve space

The reason I am trying to conserve space is this.... Okay, a 6'3" male, a 6'4" male, and a 5'9" female in the same CAR with great leg space up front but not so great in the back... my brothers both have at LEAST 2 suitcases with them... so their 4 and my 2 make 6 (I can count!! Yay!) BUT I am not just taking clothes.... I have some stuff that I can NOT survive without! but I will try to fit them in... Somewhere... So we have half of the back seat to load stuff into as well, but I am afraid I may have to ship some stuff... If you think I am bad with everything I am taking, you shoulda seen our little red truck when my mom drove Justin out 2 years ago! It was PACKED!!! LOL Oh! Did I mention that a lot of my stuff is STILL in storage from when we packed for NC??? Well now we have to get it out of there and I get to repack MY stuff for IBC.

So this is our predicament that I must fix within a week!!! Eek! Lol... so that is why I am sitting among piles of clothes. Lol... back to my list making!!

5 comments:

Bekki said...

LOL, Do you realize that you wrote the same thing twice? If I didn't know better I would think you were getting slightly stressed. But you don't worry. Nope, not at all...lol just like I don't worry. HAHAHAHA. Anyways, Go get the vacuum bags...you'll have more space. LOL

Erica Rose said...

LOL I so didn't mean for that to happen (if you notice I went back in and deleted it). I had copied and pasted it instead of cutting and pasting it!!! LOL OOPS!!! and yes they would work. LOL I have been using ziplock bags and sitting on them to get all the air out!!! HAHA! It was quite interesting!

Bekki said...

LOL I think I would have liked to have seen that. It seems like it would have been a comical sight!!! =0)

Erica Rose said...

Hahahah! Desperate times call for desperate measures! LOL and I am DESPERATE!!! My brother told me I was not allowed to sit on the trunk to close it as it may ruin the spoiler! Lol oh well!

Bekki said...

Well...You could always run, jump and slide (as long as there were cushions on the other side) to avoid the spoiler and accomplish the same thing...HAHAHAHAH!!!!