My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Done Did it!!!




So, today was a very nerve wrecking experience. As I have told you before I am a Music Major so therefore *that was so for Nicole's benefit* I had to try out for IBC Chorale. I couldn't think of anything else for the most part of today, well except for how uncomfortable those seats are in the Chapel lol! We were once again in there from 8:20-2pm. My audition time was at 3 pm so as soon as we got out of orientation, I ran up to my room to practice, and then spent some time in the lobby acting totally nervous. Micole, Jordan Stumbo, and Justin had me laughing so hard (and then I had myself laughing as well) I honestly think it was mainly nerves, but Jordan was so NOT comforting on exactly how the tryouts were going to go. So I finally had to leave and went talked to the soundmen and within about a half an hour I was up there singing and a few minutes later thanking God that it was over! I have never been that nervous in most of my days lol!

So after that I sat around talking til the Get Acquainted Social started at 7:30. We went down to the roller skating rink and just had a really good time. They played quite a few games but I had to stop skating before the games because I felt like I pulled something in my leg! LOL anyway, we really had tons of fun. And now I am sitting in the lobby on my laptop writing this! haha well hope you enjoyed the pictures!

2 comments:

Nila said...

I know you did great on your auditions, Erica. Sounds like you had a blast at the social, but... Dad and I were wondering how you could sit on your laptop and write... hmmm.. sounds really weird. LOL

Erica Rose said...

HAHAHAH well.... you see I was kind of distracted lol! Awww you are so biased!I really did have a blast! But I could only handle the rink for so long lol! Besides how could I take pictures while ON the rink?