My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a weekend!



Wow... The weekend isn't even over and I already have done so much!!! Read Bekki's blog for the play by play, I am going to highlight on some main events and outline the rest at least that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Starting off, Courtney, Bekki and I left Friday morning at 7 from my house for Ventura (poor Bekki had the longest drive, to get to my house), and had many exciting experiences on the way to Ventura family and youth camp meeting. It was so much fun! We got there for the morning service, and Bro Booker preached on "You Just Never Know" I thought it was hilarious because Bekki and I had mentioned something about that earlier that day, and also a few days before! We hung around the dorms for awhile then went to get ready (I had a bad hair day, had to take my hair down a few times, but oh well). At church that night, Bro Phil White preached such a powerful message, (as mentioned in Bekki's blog) about taking goats to church. It was so powerful, about letting past sins bring you down and he talked about taking up the loaf of bread instead of goat, "etc, etc, etc" (get it Nicole???). That is the first time in a long time that I have seen a last night service of a meeting not end with people with their faces in the ground. But it had such a victorious feel to the ending too! We all danced til we couldn't dance anymore!

What can I say about after the service, In-N-out was delicious, but basketball was awesome... I kinda embarrassed myself.... But at the time did NOT care! Lol I had too much fun doing it. I think I was the best basketball player out there, most of us were in heels!!! I was too, til I kicked them off. But, I did my team proud! You shoulda seen me with that ball! ZOOM! Lol!!! Oh and "GO RUEBEN!!!!" I was sad the night ended when it did! We were just getting started (I had just crawled under a table to get to my new favorite spot!)

This morning we went shopping! Bekki totally scored! And I got a cute jacket at Nordstrom Rack! We went to the pier with the Montano's and ate with the girls and Kim Garrett. We took some pictures and left. On the way home, we had a few more interesting quotes... Really... lol

When I got home I realized I didn't have to be at my friend's party at 5 like I thought, instead it was at 6. That party was the first true fiesta I have been to. A live Mariachi Band and everything! Sally had a total program and a wonderful emcee/dj, Denise. She is so organized! I love that about her!

So here are some pictures from the trip and from the party!!! Enjoy

22 comments:

Bekki said...

So yes, it was an amazing weekend. I loved the fact that Brother Booker preached about what we had talked about!

Erica Rose said...

I loved it too! It made the sermon even better. Although at first I was really distracted until I heard a familiar voice behind us getting with the preacher and I leaned over and said "please tell me Elder Morton is not sitting behind us". You, Bekki, instead of giving me hope, just kinda did the mmhmm thing. Eek... I tried to behave the rest of the service since we were pretty much on the back row! LOL But all in all I had SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Bekki said...

LOL!!!!!! That was a very very funny moment. The look on your face was PRICELESS!!! I will forever remember that. LOL. And then promising that we wouldn't sit in the back row of the front section again and being forced to. LOL although at night it wasn't that bad.

Anonymous said...

Ha! It wasn't that bad until she saw a bug crawling up my sleeve and started shaking my arm vigorously and slapping my jacket to get it out during the preaching. I was also poked and bumped in the side. I did my best to remain calm even though I wanted to jump out of my seat and shake it out myself. LOL.

Bekki said...

LOL!!!! Nicole, I am just thankful that I didn't see it. I wouldn't have been able to control my hysterics.

Erica, there are clear bugs in the grass. Everywhere!!!

Bekki said...

HAHAHAHAHAH I just saw your quote Erica. LOL!!!!! That made my day.

Erica Rose said...

HAHAHA Oh dear Nicole! That was quite funny! Lol I woulda stood up and made everyone think that I was getting a blessing! Lol I got the shivers for you! Lol and isn't that quote cool? I replaced a word lol did you notice??? Oh I love that!!! "Life is too short to get offended" Courtney Pound "What would happen if God came and you were offended?" Courtney Pound, "You would go to [down there]" BS! HEHEHEHEHEH Oh dear! Memories memories!

Anonymous said...

So glad you didn't see it Bekki. We would have been in trouble LOL.

Ha! If I had done that all the preachers behind us probably would have sat me down since it was not the appropriate time. Aw...I'm sad I missed your road trip fun and quotes and stuff and shopping and stuff...sniff...BUT I'm so glad I got to see all three of you!!!! I don't think that anyone knows how to have fun like we did. Although, I was kind of in and out of the fun. Or was I ever in it? Wait...who am I? What's my name?

Erica Rose said...

Oh Nicole you are priceless! I love your guts! Lol and true Bekki if you had seen it we would not have been able to control ourselves. I can not remember what happened during service Friday morning but something was said or done and I looked at Bekki and she looked at me and we started laughing (of course discreetly since there were preachers behind us!!! LOL) but I just remember I kept thinking about it later and got the giggles again

Bekki said...

I think it was when Brother Booker said the title of his message. And then questioning the circumstances of his birth statement (which we also DID later LOL). Such a noble way of stating that. LOL.

Yeah, we would have been in MAJOR trouble if I had seen it. So, since you missed this road trip, we will just have to do another to go visit our dear friend Erica, who is abandoning us all out here in Cali. (She'll have to fly out here though and we'll drive her home. So she can participate.) LOL

Anonymous said...

bekki that road trip sounds like bunches of fun, can i come, can I? huh huh huh? lol

Bekki said...

Of course, I was assuming you would!!!! The five of us would have an absolute BLAST!!! LOL

Erica Rose said...

That road trip would be SO MUCH FUN!!!! YAY! Lol aww what memories we will have. Sarah you are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I think that we would like totally have more fun than we think possible. I love how we are so different yet so alike! It just all comes together! Bekki seems to be the realist yet very understanding of the bunch. Courtney is the quiet one with alot of sweetness. Sarah is the "let's not embarrass ourselves too much" person. Erica doesn't care who's watching or listening. And I'm the motor mouth who doesn't know when to stop. If there are any discrepancies in these descriptions....then I guess you could say that I killed it lol. Feel free to add hehe. But from this one cannot deny that fun is an understatement of the time that will be had.

Bekki said...

Nicole, I think you hit it right on. But I think we are ALL motor mouths at times. It will very very rarely ever be quiet with any of us around. LOL. I totally agree with you that fun would be an understatement of our time!!!

Nila said...

All you girls are NUTS! Sounds like you had way too much fun! LOL

Erica Rose said...

We DID have fun! But never too much!!! Lol... Nicole was that a compliment??? And who said Bekki was the realist? Lol JK JK

Anonymous said...

HA HA! Yes I guess we are all motor mouths but I couldn't think of how to describe myself so I'll let someone else do that. LOL. Of course it was a compliment! Anything I say about you is a compliment! LOL. Um....who said she was? I DID! =)

Bekki said...

Well...California IS the land of fruits and nuts ya know? lol. Nicole, I think you are a delightful mixture of the traits you described us with. With an extra chatterbox mixed in. LOL, So just kidding on that!! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bekki! LOL. Aw.....Yay! I'm getting ready to pack!!!! *jumping up and down waving hands wildly*

Bekki said...

I just call it like it is Nicole. lol I am a realist...you know? LOL

Yay! I am excited, this weekend should be fun!

stacy.magic33 said...

Hey omg! i kno Cinthia!! lol you guys both look really purty!

Congrat!! :)