My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Monday, June 16, 2008

CLASS of 2008!

I DID IT!!!! I was going to wait til tomorrow to post this and pictures, but I could not wait. I will put pictures on tomorrow, but this needs to be done NOW or else I will go crazy. As you all probably know, today was the day that I have been waiting for all of my college life! I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies. That is right, I am now legally a certified liberal! Lol well not really, but it just means I can start substitute teaching and now all I need is my Teaching Credential to teach at public schools.

I can not express to you the joy I felt as I began walking out onto the floor of the arena, it was all so unreal to me. I never thought this day would come. But it has and did and is gone! But the ceremony was SO SO SO boring, I'm so glad I sat with my friends and we entertained ourselves by texting each other pictures and by getting on the internet on our phones. Lol. Only in California do they not care if you call people while the ceremony is in progress lol. But anyway, the speeches and Master's Degrees took forever and the Liberal Studies class was almost last and I was in the last row in the Liberal Studies major. I was so glad two of my favorite teachers were there. Katherine hugged me as I walked out of my row to head up to get my diploma, and told me she was proud of me! And Dr. Sessions waved like only a crazy person (me!) would when she saw me on the ramp up to the platform. I was so getting ready to cry but Ashley told me not to! So I listened!

So back tracking, the party was wonderful! Bekki and Heather helped me decorate the party and my Mom, Dad and Jason worked themselves into the ground running around doing last minute stuff and grilling. Tia Sablan made some GOOD beans, rice and salsa to go along with my dad's GOOD chicken! Lol It was all GOOD! And I got lots of cards and gifts, and LETTERS and unexpected presents. Let's just say this has been an emotional weekend for me! Honestly I have never felt more loved! Oh and I'm so glad the Montanos found it in their hearts to come visit me and then go with us to the Santa Monica Beach and Prominade after the party! They love me!

I will say it again. I honestly never thought I would get here. I am happy to say that I graduated with 3 close friends that have stuck with me all 4 years of college; Sally, Ashley and Cynthia. All of us met the summer before we started school and we are FINALLY graduating.

I will post pictures tomorrow!

CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2008!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Katie Booker said...

CONGRATS!!!
I wish I could have been there to party with you all...I mean, how were you able to have a party without me there? =)

I got pics from your mom and it looked like you had a blast!
Love ya bunches and am very proud of your accomplishments!

Bekki said...

Congrats Erica! Whoo hoo! You did it! LOL For some reason that song is going through my head. . . "You're the inspiration. . ." LOL I don't even know where I have heard that before.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! We had so much fun!!! So glad we went! Wish you were coming with Jason!! I will think of you throughout each bite of lunch today =)

Erica Rose said...

I really truly am planning on posting pictures! Lol. I missed you at the party!!! But since it was your BIRTHDAY I understand! How old did you turn??? 40?? Lol JUST kidding! It will be my turn soon enough lol. Bekki I wrote that song! That's where you have heard it before lol ok so if I had thought of it I would have written it lol. And Nicole I am so jealous! My brother gets to eat Italian with you. No fair! Hmph lol well we will be up there soon enough!!! Oh and thank you all for the Congrats lol! It was a very busy 2 days and I slept in til 8:30 and stayed in bed til 10!!!!! YES!!!! But now I am at work! Oh well!!!