My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Monday, December 29, 2008

The year is QUICKLY drawing to a close

I can't believe it is almost 2009! That is seriously SO hard for me to realize! 2008 was pretty hard for me to conceive too! Seeing I accidentally wrote a check to my dad for June 2007 when it was June 08! LOL Oh well! So much has happened this past year! I have sadly lost contact with some friends, but in the process have gained some incredible friends! I graduated with my BA, and then went right on into Bible College! Being independent isn't all it's cracked up to be! Lol. But all in all. It has been a wonderful year, sure I have had my fair share of tears, and laughs. I went from making GOOD money, to making NOTHING! And all I can say is, I am blessed! God has had His hand upon me through it all. It has been such an experience being able to be at Bible College, one thing that I will NEVER forget, and I am praying that I'll be able to finish up the year. I have had many people at church teasingly say that they don't believe I belong in Indiana and that I should come home. Well, in a way I believe that. I don't believe I permanently belong in Indiana; however, when I made the decision to move to Indiana, I made it feeling with all my heart that was where God wanted me. Which is why I am making the decision to go back, if God wants me there (which I still believe He does) then He will make a way for me to go. God takes care of His people.

So needless to say... I am looking forward to the following year and the surprises in which it will bring! So here is a poem that I enjoy and has so much meaning to it, as the old year unfolds into the new, I want to remember this poem

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

3 comments:

Bekki said...

That poem was my 'motto' in High School.

Erica Rose said...

LOL Well what can I say? Great minds think alike!

Bekki said...

Exactly!! We are so awesome.