My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Monday, July 28, 2008

SURPRISE!!

Lol, so I was thinking that this weekend would turn out quite uneventful... It kind of did! Friday, I have no clue what I did... at all... All I remember is Bekki and I went to the mall that evening and neither of us found anything. We even went to Kohl's.... again... nothing. Oh well, then the next day, my brother's and I left the house around 2:40 to head up to Burbank to be there in time for their 4 pm service (well really to see the Montanos, otherwise we wouldn't have known about it). Little did we know that on the drive our lives would flash in front of our eyes. Jason is going around congratulating himself for making us wait a few seconds longer while he went and grabbed some much needed items in the house. While we were on the 210 getting ready to come up to the 134 junction, we saw an accident. A car that was in the 2nd lane closest to the right, swerved to the right, and must have been hit because it swerved again, except to the left and flew across the other 2 lanes and into the carpool lane (for some reason I had decided against taking the carpool lane earlier) and hit the median spun around to where it faced the right direction again, and then pulled over to the shoulder in the carpool lane area. 3 cars had pulled over so we didn't pull over, but when I saw this happen I (along with almost everyone else) came to almost a stop on the freeway, by the time we stopped we were only a few hundred feet from the accident... it was crazy, and it was God that kept us from being the one in the accident... Needless to say, after seeing that, my brothers became very paranoid about every little thing, LOL... It was entertaining listening to them. So anyway, we went had a wonderful service, hung out with Sarah, Nicole, and Bekki at BJ's and then headed home (with me driving again lol)....

So, Sunday was supposed to be uneventful as well. It was my last time to lead Children of Praise, ILC's Children's Choir, and they did a wonderful job. After we finished I tried to get them to leave and they were just staring at me, hahaha I went over to the first girl and put my hand on her back to push her along, and then realized that Jana had something up her sleeve!!! Marisa walks into the auditorium with a bouquet and I immediately felt my face getting red. Now, most of you know it is hard for me to get embarrassed, but I actually felt totally embarrassed because I was unprepared for that. She announces to everyone that this was my last time and that I would be going away..... Well here is the surprise for those of you who don't know.... Yes, I am going away.... to Indiana Bible College... *Surprise*!!! Lol. So after that, I have had what felt like everyone in the church come up to me and say something. Thankfully everyone has been extremely positive about it. I am excited that I get to go, and wish for the best. My brothers and I leave to drive out to Indiana on Friday, August 8. So in about 11 days from now. It came up pretty fast, but all is going smoothly. I know I know, I just graduated with my BA, but I think this will (as Sharon says) only enhance what I have already achieved. So there it is... Lol, it still is almost 2 weeks away, so I am enjoying Cali while I have a chance! I will keep you updated on it all!!

10 comments:

Bekki said...

Sniff.

Anonymous said...

Sob....

Erica Rose said...

AAAHHH!!! No crying is allowed!!! Don't cry!!! Although this will probably make you cry, but I do plan on taking my memory box and George with me to IBC, I couldn't last without all of it, as well as pictures and such, and.... oh everything... This is gonna be hard, lol

Bekki said...

You know I am going to cry right? It's just going to be a fact. lol

Jana McVay said...

OOPPS....I guess I let the cat out of the bag! I just wanted you to know (and the church) how much we love you and will miss you! Now, you come back knowing lots of funky chords, share them with us, and then let's get you on the schedule so I can have a break! LOL

Love ya,
JLM

Erica Rose said...

Lol, Bekki you know I will prob cry too, although not right away, but within the first week or so, lol....

And Jana, it was gonna get out sooner or later, lol and well... er... um... let's just hope that the music lessons catch on!! Pray!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the whistle lol!!!

Erica Rose said...

The whistle is safe and sound inside the memory box, George doesn't fit, lol otherwise he would be in there too... I am taking my scrapbook stuff and tons of pictures... I probably won't have time to do anything, but it is the thought that counts right? lol...

Nila said...

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Everyone's leaving me!!!

Erica Rose said...

Awww... :( you wanted me to go Mom! :( I feel like I am running away from home now!