My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Friday, July 18, 2008

An Addiction??

Most of you who know me know that I LOVE Starbucks. I go to Starbucks at least (MOM DO NOT READ THIS!!!) 5 sometimes 6 times a week. And depending on who I am with **cough** bekki**cough** I will go more than that. As a rule, I have coffee every morning, whether I get it at home, or I make an emergency stop on the way to work. Well.... Anyone remember that diet I was on a while back??? Yeah the week long one that I lost 12 pounds on? (And before you say it Jana, I actually was considered overweight for my age and height lol sad but true) Well.... I have gained a lot of that back. Some of that is the way I eat of course and also, my Starbucks! I have been trying to eat healthier and I tried to stay away from Starbucks for awhile, but the need for it won out in the end. So the past 2 days I have been trying to compensate for not drinking coffee, I bought the Crystal Light Energy, but it still doesn't have that Kick! LOL. Justin tells me that it is all in my mind, and sometimes I wonder, but then I get headaches that are only eliminated by caffeine. UGH!!! It is so frustrating, I know everyone always says "well then exercise". Ok the only time I have to exercise is at 6 am. I can't even wake my DOGS up at 6 am, they sleep harder then me after my parents let them out at 5. I have something every night, this summer has NOT been restful at all. I have practices twice a week 7-??? depending which one it is, if I don't have practice I have something else going on, it has been crazy. Lol, Bekki and I started playing raquetball, but stuff just kept coming up so that stopped... So there are my reasons for not exercising (although I could exercise starting the 28th since I won't have a job anymore, but you didn't hear that from me) So.... the easiest way to do this is pray that God takes the weight/inches off... LOL "you don't need to lose weight or inches" You say? Well if not then WHY did my Mom laugh at me when I measured myself for a skirt today????? LOL! Anyway, I am done ranting and raving! Lol Jana I am trying to "Hold on" not "let it go". Now, Bekki and I just need to go shopping for new clothes since my regular ones have decided they wanted to shrink

14 comments:

Jana McVay said...

Wow, I am feeling pretty honored to have had multiple mentions in your posts lately! Not just my comment posted by moi but YOU, Erica, mentioning big ole' me!!! LOL

I never said you shouldn't lose weight, but I don't think you girls are in need of "diets" just a change of **cough**starbuck laden**cough** eating habits!!

I think you are beeeoootiful just the way you are...but if you feel like you need to downsize, start with eliminating Starbucks and soda for 2 weeks and see how that goes!

Sarrah D. said...

Wow how the world changes, Erica is jobless and I am job, ahh, job-full? jobbing?, full of jobbieness!
Yes Erica you are as addicted to coffee, if not more, as I am.

Erica Rose said...

Lol as I comment, I am drinking a Starbucks coffee, made in the kitchen of the Marxer household! LOL I can't get away from it! But thank you Jana for calling us... "beeeootiful" LOL! And I have mentioned you a lot lately haven't I? AWWW :) lol.

And Sarah, I KNOW! It is going to feel weird. Because I have never NOT had a job in over 3 years. Wow... HOW WILL I BUY STARBUCKS???? Oops I mean how will I but, er... um.... Clothes??? LOL

Sarrah D. said...

Ahhhh Erica why didn't you go to the swim party!!? We had a canonball contest

Erica Rose said...

I didn't go because I knew that I would have won!!! LOL just kidding. I know, Alex called me earlier.... I kinda wish I would have gone, but I cleaned a bit and my Uncle just left. He was here for dinner earlier. Lol.... ok ok I didn't go because.... I couldn't afford to... sniffle lol!!!!

Bekki said...

So I am known as the Starbucks Maven eh? LOL Because I go (and my Mom already knows this) three times a day sometimes. There really isn't a day during the week that I don't go. Today was twice...lol.

Erica Rose said...

LOL! I'm glad your mom already knows! LOL I don't think mine has kept up with my blog since Thursday, so I am hoping she doesn't catch this one!! Hahaha just kidding. I always end up confessing anyway! And yes Bekki whenever I am around you, I end up getting Starbucks or having Starbucks cravings!!! lol

Bekki said...

Yeah...I haven't had coffee yet today. But I believe I will stop on my way to church. lol. So yeah, I am up for shopping...We could always go with Nicole to buy new "outfits" LOL

Nila said...

Yes, I AM HERE! AND I DO READ YOUR BLOGS! How do you think I keep up with you?
Erica, Jana is right. For two weeks, see if you can go without Starbucks and Soda. I can almost guarantee you will have lost some weight. Oh, and get back to playing racketball with Bekki. You'll feel better. It will take a few days to get over the headach. You have a lot of will-power, Erica, we believe in you. You can do it. At this point, however, I may have to confiscate your Starbucks gift cards! LOL

Bekki said...

Yeah...get back to playing racketball with me!!!!!

Cire Rex Ram said...

What Will Matter


Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end.
There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours, or days.
All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
Your wealth, fame, and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.
So too your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won't matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on at the end.
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.
Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.
So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?
What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built. Not what you got, but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage, or sacrifice that enriched, empowered, or encouraged others to emulate your example.
What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom, and for what.
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
Choose to live a life that matters.

Cire Rex Ram said...

Oh and the last post forgot to mention "no more Starbucks"

Erica Rose said...

OH thanks Dad! Lol! And I want to Bekki I really do! Hi Mom!!!! hehehehe I didn't realize you kept up with my blog that often lol

Bekki said...

Me too Erica!!!! We need to go.... this week!!