My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Call Me Grace!!!

Well.... I almost feel as if I should defend myself. Sarrah Dillon wrote a short epistle on a portion of my life.... Falling. Falling is something that I do almost daily. It is a way of life with me, a friend once told me that I should ask around to see if they would give "Frequent FALLER Miles"! LOL. Hey it happens to the best of us right? I mean, my feet always seem to lead me in the direction of the nearest uneven ground, or a small dip that I don't notice. I think my church has just become used to me falling. I told Adam Pierce that I would take on a new persona when I move, and actually become graceful! He told me that I shouldn't do that, because I wouldn't be Erica if I did! HAHA besides, it comes naturally anyway, ESPECIALLY if I start telling myself "Don't trip Erica, don't trip!" Now I have to start thinking "Don't think about tripping Erica, or else you will!" I have started doing that especially on the platform. I always feel as if everyone is holding their breath waiting for me to make it off the platform without tripping. Sunday Morning I felt like an idiot. I tried to turn to leave to fast and had to grab the choir mic so I wouldn't fall forward off the choir loft. I have learned my lesson. DO NOT act too confident. LOL. I have also learned to look where I am I walking before I walk. I have fallen down the steps off the platform during preservice prayer... Did my friends that saw me offer to help? Of COURSE NOT!! They sat there laughing! I just raised my hands and acted like I was travailing! LOL And that is just a SMALL SMALL portion of how I live! Lol, oh well... My Mom shoulda named me Grace as my middle name.... Erica Grace.... Yeah right! LOL

8 comments:

Nila said...

Ha ha!! That sounds familiar! When I was your age, my friends called me Nila Grace. You can't help how you are! LOL Sorry you had to inherit that from me!

Jana McVay said...

LOL!!!! That is too funny! I think I have been picking up that "falling" spirit like Sarrah!! Don't go and leave us falling here alone!!! And if you do leave, don't you dare come back all graceful only to find us full of bumps and bruises! That ain't right to go and rub your falling spirit off on us!

Bekki said...

Yeah, I have earned the moniker 'Grace' quite a few times as well. Well... you know the stories. LOL I just can't stand up straight.

Erica Rose said...

Lol well Mom, at least it keeps me humble! LOL. And Jana, have no fear. I tripped walking off the platform last night. Thankfully my brother's shoulder was there for me to grab :-P Oh and Bekki I have seen some of your Grace in action lol!

Bekki said...

LOL Aka spraining my wrist at camp by playing basketball in heels and having a 'graceful' moment in touch with the ground.

Heather said...

Hahaha Erica we love you and your cluminess! I wouldn't take you any other way. Who would I have to laugh at then? lol JUST KIDDING I have actually taken after you alot this trip. I can't tell you the number of times I've tripped, luckily I haven't fallen yet tho. Lol

Erica Rose said...

Lol you are just cool Bekki hahah I am so thankful that no matter how hard the fall or hit, I have never broken or sprained anything! God is merciful! And Heather you love me!!!! LOL I wish I were there!

Bekki said...

You have been blessed. If I listed all of the things that happened each time I fell, ya'll would be avoiding me like the plague. LOL