My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Graduating Class of 2008!!!


Wow... it's been a long trek... But it's almost here. I'm writing this because last week sometime I received my Graduation Check in the mail. No it's not money. It's the response from CSU Records after "check"ing to make sure that I am eligible to graduate in Spring 2008. Well I AM (providing nothing happens to complicate that)!!!! I will be graduating with my Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies concentrating in English. It's been four years last November that I applied to Cal State hoping and praying I would get accepted and be able to pay for it. With God's grace, a few loans, and the help from a trust fund from my late Aunt Girlie I have not had any problems. I picked out a new schedule for me, and thank God all the classes were open that I needed. All FOUR OF THEM! Can you believe it? When I started I was looking at 49-50 future classes, and now, I have merely 4 classes only equaling 13 units left!! To think... I can't wait til I see my name on that Diploma. I will have done did it (as someone who's name escapes me used to say)!!!


Oh! By the way that picture of me is from my HIGH SCHOOL Graduation in 2004.. I know I know I haven't changed much. Must be that eternal youthful genes I get from my Mom's side! :-P

5 comments:

Jana McVay said...

Yeah Erica!!!! You go girl!!! Glad you done did it and wish you the best on your future endeavors!! I am applying for Cal State and two years from now hope to have achieved my diploma!

Erica Rose said...

Lol thank you Jana! Congrats to YOU too!!! We both graduate the SAME DAY!!!! YAY!!! May the Lord bless you in your applying for Cal State! Hopefully all goes well with that! We're almost done... well ignoring the fact that both of us get to go right back to school! lol

Bekki said...

Congrats Erica! (I just found your blog =0) Are you doing anything special for your Graduation?

Erica Rose said...

Bekki!!! Hey! Thank you! I am not quite sure WHAT yet, but I want to do SOMETHING. I will let you know!!! Keep in touch!

Bekki said...

I will definately, now that I have found your blog =0) I am so envious that you are going to Music Fest. I want to go sooo bad!