My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How do you tell them, "no habla espanol"???!!!!!!!

I am taking a Spanish 101 class for extra credit at school, in fact I just took a test yesterday (we will definitely NOT talk about that). During all 4 of my years here at CSU, I have not struggled with something this hard since.... Trigonometry!!! Except this is a WHOLE other problem... In trig, I could actually understand what the teacher was saying... Well sometimes, I'd like to believe I could. But, I am sure in my Spanish class I have this "Clueless" sign branded into my forehead. And I don't know if it's because I look smart (HA!) or what, but my teacher likes to call on me, and have me read in Spanish or answer the questions... Let me tell you, there are a LOT of "ummm"s and English words in my sentences! I thought this class might be a good idea, you know to be able to communicate better in more than just two languages... But now I'm wondering WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!?? Sure it would help if I talked to my friends in Spanish, but there's one problem, I have to actually know SPANISH WORDS to speak it!!! Only God can help me now!!! Pray saints pray and while your praying, it's back to the books for me!!!

10 comments:

Nila said...

Taco Bell Grande, muy bien, hasta luego... Thats about all I know, so at this time in your life, you are smarter than your mom! ONLY at this time! LOL

Erica Rose said...

And to think that your dad (my Grandfather) was raised speaking Spanish!!! How sad that we don't!!!

Anonymous said...

our poor erica! don't worry, I didn't get a very good grade in spanish either and I'm MEXICAN!maybe I should have taken Hmong or something...but I passed though, so if I can, YOU can!

Katie Booker said...

I don't get it either....its all Greek to me!

Erica Rose said...

You don't even know how my heart has lightened when I realized I am not the only one out there!!!! Even my brown anne-girl (did I just say that sorry!!!) can't speak it. Katie you give me no hope either... I don't know Greek so that won't work... One day when I am fluent in Spanish *HA* I'll come back to you and help you unGreek the language!!!

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah is the same in every language. Comfort one another with these words. Next time she calls on you. Just get up out of your seat and run around the classroom saying HALLELUJAH!!! That should solve your problems for being asked to read or answer questions. Nicole

Erica Rose said...

HEY!!! Good idea!!! Maybe if I did that then I can add that to my kudos for the day in that I "witnessed" to my class! Lol... even though I'm not sure if anyone would consider that witnessing... Lol

Anonymous said...

did you just call me BROWN??? I am not brown! I'm coffee with Hazelnut creamer!!! *huff*... LoL jk...but yes, I agree with Nicole, then again, it might get you thrown out of class though too.

Erica Rose said...

Brown my dear is a matter of opinion!!! But you know I love you!!! Besides you are BEAUTIFULLY colored! Oh and thanks for your support!! I need it! I will survive!

Anonymous said...

For I am beautifully colored and wonderfully made!hahaha oh dear, bad joke...oh you are so welcome, so easy to support you are!