My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friends are Amazing

Friend: 1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have...
"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice." - Samuel Johnston
"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost." - Charles Caleb Colton
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

"Why so many quotes?" you ask??? "Why not?" I say! I could not just pick ONE out of so many that seem to represent my friendships! I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends! I am so thankful that I have friends that are always willing to be there for me and friends that I can just be myself with. I have so very many friends to talk about but the main ones that I have been missing being around lately have been Nicole, Sarah, and Bekki. Mainly Nicole and Sarah (I know Bekki wouldn't be offended by my saying this because she and I recently had this conversation)

Sarah Ann (without the "e") dropped into my life about 6 or 7 years ago. It all started at a Youth convention. We got each other's home addresses and began corresponding through snail mail! That went on until Sarah finally moved up in the world and got email! Then we became "email" pals! Lol After so long I got her number to call and wish her congrats on graduating and then we became phone/text pals and finally the best of friends!!! I honestly don't remember when our relationship moved to the kindred spirit mode (LOL like when we became SARICA!)... but it did and I thank God for her!!!

Nicole Renee, on the other hand, I met more recently. About 4 years ago I think. I had heard a lot about her from Sarah and knew most things that only a little sister would be able to say about a big sister! Lol! I saw her a lot at conferences and just LOVED being around her and Sarah. We finally exchanged numbers when I stayed at their house when I went to Fresno for Women's Retreat (free ride thanks to my mom and grandma the She-Elder!) Ever since then it all took off like a rocket.

There is no one in this world like those two girls! They have been like sisters to me. I would SO CLAIM THEM if anyone ever asked!!! My said I was their twin... lol I totally saw that... I mean they are short and dark and drop dead gorgeous and I am tall and gangly and WHITE! LOL but I mean sure I look just like them!! Life is never a bore with them around and I miss them SO VERY MUCH :(

Bekki on the other other hand (how many hands can one person have?) I have known for years lol. I just never really got CLOSE til this past year. I have never met anyone like her either. It is scary but wonderful how much alike we are!!! Of course one major difference is our food preferences! I eat meat, she doesn't... plain and simple!

Now I am not saying that all my other friends mean nothing to me!!! You all mean the world to me!!! These three are just my sisters from other families! Love everyone!!!

So here are some wonderful pictures of us! Memories!!!


6 comments:

Jana McVay said...

OMW!!! I see it...you look like triplets in the last pictures! Awww how cute!

Nice post and wonderful sentiments about some of God's most beautiful ladies!

Bekki said...

AWWWWWWWWWW you're seriously going to make me cry. And NO I am not upset that you miss them more. Not at all!!! I miss them too! :(

You know what they say about great minds, because as I was driving to work this morning I planned to write almost the exact kind of post.

I completely see the triplet thing by the way...it's not in your physical appearance (but you're all gorgeous in your own right), but it's your spirits =0)

Erica Rose said...

Jana- LOL I thought we looked exactly alike too! LOL I think they are all gorgeous as well!

Bekki- YES! I almost made you cry! That was my mission! LOL jk! And yes great minds DO think alike! Aww you are so nice to us! I MISS YOU!

Bekki said...

Grrr....you MEANT to make me cry?!?! lol It ALMOST worked. LOL

I miss you too!!!

And Jana...thank you!

Anonymous said...

How sweet you are Sis. Jana!!!! =-)

I must say Erica.....sigh....you are wonderful. The Lord richly blessed me when he blessed me with you. You are dearer to me than you will EVER EVER EVER know.

That smile shines ever so brightly! You're smile is almost as gorgeous as the person you are. Thou hast an inner beauty so becoming that nothing can ever outshine.

Love you much!

Erica Rose said...

Nicole I love you so much! And not just for saying that about me!! And I miss you more than you miss me! LOL