My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Contemplating some things

Well today's service was so so so good. It made me think... What do I really want and expect in this year? Bekki and I were talking about commitments and committing. It seems like we let go of the things that should mean the most to us. I know that I have made a resolution to read the Bible through this year, but I didn't really COMMIT to anything else. Why is it that the MOMENT you make a decision to do something your flesh IMMEDIATELY tries to fight against you? When you say to yourself "I should fast" you become hungry! LOL That happens to me all the time! But I forget what is most important in life sometimes, my walk with God and my family. Other than that... What do I have to lose? Friends? Sure, I need those and I absolutely appreciate the ones that I do have, but where would I be without God? I wouldn't even have those same friends if it weren't for the intervention of God. He put us in each other's paths for a purpose and I am so thankful.

I am not even sure if this song goes with what I previously said, but that topic has been heavily on my mind today, and this song has been in my heart (may not be the exact wording sorry!), so here goes.



I’ve had some bad days
And I’ve had hills to climb.
I’ve known some sad days and a weary mile.
Yet when I look about and think these things all out,
All of the good days, outweigh the bad days.
I can’t complain.

My God is so good to me so very good to me.
More than this world could be.
He’s so good to me.
His spirit came to me and gave me victory.
God is so good to me, I can’t complain.

Sometimes those clouds hang low.
I’d like to see them go.
And I ask the question, oh Lord.
Why so much pain,
But He knows what’s best for me, although I cannot see,
God is good to me, I can’t complain.

Oh my God is so good to me so very good to me.
More than this world could be.
He’s so good to me.
His spirit came to me and gave me victory.
God is so good to me, I can’t complain.

15 comments:

Nila said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Why is it that some people go through bad things, and can't see God's intervention through it all. Yeah, we all have problems, but God is SO SO good to us, what do we have to complain about.
Love your spirit!

Bekki said...

YES!!! (to everything) lol. You are echoing my sentiments exactly. It is so wonderful to know that someone understands.

I think that we should set several 'goals' this year, NOT resolutions, but goals to work towards with our commitments and consecration to God. That way we can keep each other accountable. I will email you.

Erica Rose said...

Mom- sometimes it is just hard to see the forest for the trees... when you step away from the tree in front of you, your view becomes SO much clearer

Bekki- it really is nice to have someone that does understand you and goals and resolutions are very very good ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

That song has been sung so much in ma certain house within the last week! Great minds will never cease to think alike!!! And some minds can't stop thinking about certain people. =)

P.S. "People" also including a certain individual with super curly hair and a beautiful smile and willing to give up everything for a future with another. LOL

Erica Rose said...

Hi my anon friend!!! Great minds do think alike! sigh why am I so far???!!!

Hmmm... Who is the super curly haired person and who is the another that the future will be given to? lol!

Anonymous said...

hahaha I think anonymous was talking about a guy who also has penguin fetish...hehe

Bekki said...

Ohhh How nice of Anonymous to compliment you like that Erica...I mean you have curly hair and a beautiful "Brace-less" smile....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Too bad you're not a guy. And I never knew about a penguin fetish. LOL

Erica Rose said...

LOL And too bad I'm not the curly haired beautiful smiled one that anon was talking about! HA!

Awww where is the tie you promised, tweedledee??!!! LOL

Oh and first anonymous... You are hilarious... let me just say that lol! I laughed when I got your comment(s)!! And then almost cried... I am an emotional wreck lol

Bekki said...

LOL. Yeah, yeah. Whatever.

I feel neglected. No comments for me. Sniff. LOL JK

Erica Rose said...

Lol well Bekki just for the record I think you are pretty amazing person lol!

Bekki said...

AWWWWW Thank you!!!! So are you!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Bekki...you were commented to as well. Erica AND Bekki were the main source of the "Certain People" mentioned but the P.S. was just to add to the two of you.

Was that as clear as mud or water?

Tweedle dee...with all due respect, how do you know who I'd be talking about?

So glad I could make you laugh Erica. =)

Bekki said...

It was as clear as mudwater. LOL I gotcha though. You all make me smile. I am sitting here looking like an idiot on my couch smiling at the computer. Laughing actually, but I guess that just makes me look/sound crazy. LOL

Sigh. I love you all. And Goodnight. LOL

raushel said...

I LOVE that song - it's one of my favorites! Nice meeting you while you were out here in CA.

Raushel :-)

Erica Rose said...

Raushel- I was so glad that I was able to meet you as well! I love meeting all of Bekki's friends! It is so much fun! Hopefully we will get to see each other again!