My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving - a word of action

Wow.... This holiday has already come and gone... The three of us kids got here around 5 on Wednesday, and we had dinner and a relaxing time with my Aunt Carlene, then Yesterday was so tiring (especially for my poor Aunt). Each of us kids had cooking projects to do, as well as trying to make sure everything got set out properly. We got to eat lunch/dinner around 3 and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Then we all relaxed for about an hour and a half until Uncle Marty and Aunt Marcia showed up! Michael came over as well, and we all had pie, and then later after Uncle Marty and Aunt Marcia went to their hotel (compliments of Michael) we played Wii and Scattergories (spelling?) and then had leftovers! Yum! It was a pretty relaxing evening!

Today we slept in a bit and then were up (me unfortunately with Sinus problems and a headache/migraine) and we went with Uncle Marty, Aunt Marcia, and Aunt Carlene to Hana Yori.... YAY I FINALLY GOT THE NAME RIGHT lol! It was SOOOO good I love restaurants that cook the food in front of you. I ate all my food and then we came back to the house, and said goodbye to Uncle Marty and his "honey bunny" lol then I took a nap while the boys went shopping with my Aunt! So that kinda all leads up to now (after having leftovers for dinner and relaxing some more!)... So to follow some after Bekki... I plan on writing what I am thankful for too, I don't think I will number it, or write everything down, I just want to write some of the things I am thankful for...

-First of all, I am so privileged and thankful to know God and have Him and His Word to lead and guide me. He is all I need, but He has given me SO MUCH.
-I am so VERY thankful for all of my family, there is nothing like having a family that is always supportive of you, my Dad is not only my hero, but he has always been behind me, helping me reach my goals and dreams. My Mom is also my hero, she is the one who I lean on emotionally the most, we are so much alike so MOST of the time she understands me... My brothers are wonderful (sometimes lol) they are the best friends I have and am so thankful for them. In general my family (immediate and... not immediate) is amazing.
-I have the MOST WONDERFUL friends anyone can ever have... There is a saying, and I paraphrase, that a man (woman) is blessed to have one true friend, I am so so SO blessed to have MANY true friends. I miss my California friends so very much, Sarah and Nicole and Bekki, my sisters from other families... and of course my Rialto friends (I don't want to leave anyone out so I won't name names! But you know who you are), I am so thankful for the friends that I have made here at Indiana Bible College... I don't know what I would do without some of them!
-I am so blessed to have this opportunity of going to Indiana Bible College, sure sometimes I want to be home, but I believe I am right where God wants me right now... I am learning so much and still have so much more to learn.

I am thankful for SO MUCH MORE... but without the previously named blessings, I wouldn't be where I am today! So I thank God for all these priceless, precious blessings He has bestowed upon me. Thanksgiving.... A word of action

1 comment:

Bekki said...

How blessed we are with many Godly friends!!