My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Praise IS who I am

If you are hurting not knowing what to do
If you are wondering how to make it through
The darkness that has come is not here to last
Even when you're hurting and your "perfect" life has cracked

You may think there is no one that cares
But there IS One upon whom or sorrows bear
There are times when you can not see the way
In those times you try but can not seem to pray

You're hurting and hoping that the darkness will fade away
It seems so overpowering, surely it can not stay
There is something that YOU have to do
You see my friend, YOU have to do it for YOU

Don't you know that when you are crying God is crying too?
He feels all the hurt and pain that you are going through.

Remember as you travel through the darkest of night
That morning WILL come and everything will be made right
I've heard it said rain must fall into everyone's life
But it is up to you to mourn or be blithe



This is a poem that I started years ago but never quite finished... and I still haven't really finished it as of yet... I was surprised when I found it because I kept thinking how much I wanted to blog today about how good God is and choices. But it is how I have been feeling lately I keep wanting something to happen FOR me... Without me doing much to help... I finally got desperate and realized I need to start praying about it. I mean sure.. I've prayed about it.. randomly... but not to long, then today I realized that I have not really let myself talk to God about this situation (well really 2 but I am just focusing on the one I can handle)... We were in Chapel and the chapel worship service lasted about an hour... They were singing quite a few different songs but the one that really got me was the part of a familiar song to us all.
"Praise is what I do, it's what I do
Praise is who I am, it's who I am
Praise will bring you out, it will bring you out, without a doubt"

Praise really has a lot to do with EVERYTHING.... pure worship to God can help you through just about anything... It is new to me each time it is sung, Praise really should be who I am, and it WILL bring me out! Without a doubt! LOL

So while I was talking to God... I received a call (of course unknowingly to me since I did not have my phone but I checked afterwards) and this may just be coincidence (but my mom says nothing happens by coincidence) but this may have just been the answer to my prayers... God knows what He is doing!

So I just thought I would randomly let you know all about it! Til next time

1 comment:

Nila said...

I love the poem. It's like a mirror in which we can see inside of you. You've got it right! The best thing to do when you don't know what to do, is PRAISE your way out of your problems.