My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Monday, November 17, 2008

Chorale Tour



So I know I know, I am not in chorale, I wish.. lol. But I went to my Aunt's to see them perform this last weekend. So it was an interesting weekend though... Friday night I babysat at one of the biggest houses I have ever been in, and I did not get back to the dorms from there until after one! It was crazy! But the kids were in bed by 10... They have 3 children. A 2 year old ADORABLE girl, an 8 year old girl, and an 11 year old boy... They have to be the most well mannered children I have met. They asked permission for EVERYTHING that they did and if I said no, they did not question me... I give kudos to those parents. They got themselves ready for bed no questions asked, and when I put the 2 year old to bed (after reading her a fun book) she only asked for her tubby which is actually an Anne Geddy *spelling?* baby that she thinks is a teletubby... and then she went right to sleep... It was a VERY quiet night, and they live practically in the country. So it was a little scary too lol. AND my phone died, so I wandered and read.

Then I woke up around 10 Saturday morning, and got packed, found the things that some girls on Chorale had forgotten and headed up to Aunt Carlene's... MMMMMM her house smelled SO VERY GOOD when I got there, she had made Grandpa's Favorite Chocolate Cake, and Texas Sheet Cake for the Chorale. We went to Benny Yori's and it was INCREDIBLE! I WAS SO HAPPY! That food was scrumptious! And then we picked up the boys in South Bend and went home. Sunday morning the Chorale, Praise and a few groups out of Chorale played and sang. Then afterwards they treated us to a variety of YUMMY hearty soups, I had chili and chicken gumbo mmm mmm mmm. And then as I was sitting with my friends, Mike Hudson gets everyone's attention and asks Ashley to the banquet... Sadly she had already told him no but with this she was forced to say yes or look like a jerk. She was so embarrassed.

But the highlight of the day was it SNOWED! (it is still snowing today too!) So I left Aunt Carlene's around 2 something and after a stop, I was on the road by 3... As I was ALMOST to the church... The GPS told me to go a way I have never been before, so I followed what I thought was the right way.... and got SO VERY LOST for about 20 minutes. It was horrible, I kept going in circles, and the gps said a ramp was in a place that it was not (due to construction) and there was no detour... All this time I was on the phone with my Mom... it was almost a disaster. But thankfully I got on a main street that the GPS recognized! PHEW and got to church 5 minutes before it was supposed to start. Lol Calvary never starts on time Sunday nights though... I had forgotten that. So That was how my weekend went. Today has gone well, and I am hoping the snow stays! I am excited about it! Well.. Til next time!

2 comments:

Nila said...

I heard the Chorale sang incredible! It was good to see these pictures, and know you made it home safely. Of course, I was stressing out, because Erica was stressing out!! LOL Well... glad you made it home safely. (how come drama happens to you?) ha ha

Erica Rose said...

The Chorale was WONDERFUL! I was glad to make it back safely too! And seriously! Why DO things seem to happen to me??? The WEIRDEST THINGS EVER!