My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Monday, November 24, 2008

Holidays are upon us!

This weekend was rather eventful, We had a Basketball tournament Friday, and I went to that, but didn't stay the whole time because I wasn't feeling so great, then that night I had sign team practice at 10... It was just 5 of us for the longest time because quite a few people including the director went out to eat after the tournament... They showed up around 10:45. But practice went well, and I found out once the director got there that I was going to be doing a part of the first verse on Lord You're Holy, as well as all the ad-libbing... Lol so I was there til almost midnight.

So, on Saturday, I lounged around, cleaned and then I once again babysat for the same family from before. The children were once again angels. The youngest was NOT ready for bed when I put her in bed though, so I kept going up there trying to put her to sleep, lol at one point I could hear her singing her ABC's(I heard all this through the baby monitor in her room)as loud as she could. She is only 2 years old but is so smart! So I got home around 10:30, and I walked into the room and what do you know?? I find a decorated Christmas tree on the floor by the refrigerators! I thought it was Breana at first, but she texted me back wondering where it came from, so she came to the room, and by that time I found the card... The anonymous card. So of course, I am so nosy I HAD TO find out who did this wonderful thing. So Bre and I headed downstairs to find out who did this blessed thing. I knew I had told a few people how much I wished I had my Christmas decorations from back home, and come to find it was my suitemates Sarah and Rebekka! Yay for them! lol by the time the bell rang we had them cornered and everyone knew what had happened. It was so cool. They even left candy under the tree for us! SO much Christmas spirit in the air!

It is so cute, wish the lights showed more


So Sunday was the a funny day lol.. After church I went right to the cafeteria because I was starving, and in that time I ended up having everyone dying laughing! So here is the story... Ok... I am not as afraid of spiders as Bekki is, but I was just floating along in my own world telling someone at my table a story and all of a sudden I see a spider, and I immediately flip out! Lol I grabbed the nearest thing that would kill it (a salt shaker) and proceeded to bang it to death... Lol when I stopped yelling and looked around everyone was practically rolling (or scared that I was mental) and there was salt all over because every time I hit the table salt shot out of the shaker! Oh but the spider died! hahah!! It was so funny!

Anyway, I spent most of the afternoon practicing in my room for that night, because I was so nervous about my part. Sunday evening was also the big debut of the choir dresses! LOL the PINK choir dresses... I thought it was going to be awful, but the dresses are so comfortable and my mom fixed the sleeves for me, so it fit better! I actually liked them... lol we were a sea of pink with black in the middle! The sign team wore the old choir dresses first though, the black ones from last year, and we signed, everyone did really good! It is a powerful song and God moved... Then we hurried and changed into the pink dresses and sang... THREE choir songs and these were the first time the church had heard these, they are really neat, LONG songs lol. Very powerful though! I loved it!

Ashley and I after church with our dresses on!


Today wasn't too bad either... every class went along so smoothly, and then after school I tried to take the car to get an oil change, but had to make an appointment to go back at 5. So I started on the paper that was due today (Bro. Killmon gave me until 10 tonight to email it to him though). I ended up taking a break, eating, going to Goodyear and then coming back to finish my paper... and it took me barely an hour all together. Since then I have been lounging around because nothing is really due until after break! Yay! I will be leaving for my Aunt's in 2 days... We would leave Tuesday, but choir is singing at a Youth Convention downtown.... lol YAY for the pink dresses!

6 comments:

Bekki said...

Annihilate all Spiders!!!!!!!!!! They must DIE!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a fun and eventful week over in Indiana!! I need to get an oil change too. Sigh. So much to do, so much to do!!!

Erica Rose said...

Lol DIE SPIDERS DIE! LOL! It was a fun weekend... It flew by too fast because now Thanksgiving is upon us! So much to do and so LITTLE TIME!

Nila said...

You spider murderer you!!! That was so hysterical. I can see you banging that poor spider to death. And by the way, you don't know how many bugs he had killed for you! Ahh... poor spider.

You girls looked so pretty in pink. I really, really enjoyed watching you sign. You are SOOOOO expressive. (how well we all know!) lol

You guys have a good time Thanksgiving. I will miss you. This is my first Thanksgiving without you. :-(

Erica Rose said...

Hahah I started thinking about Charlotte's Web shortly after killing that spider... sniff!

Lol I get my expressive side from you Mom! I will miss you too! Well... Actually... remember that Thanksgiving us kids spent with Aunt Carlene Jason's first year in Indy? That was when we surprised him by bringing Justin too! BUT I flew home right after that and I won't be home for a few weeks still! Sigh... but at least I CAN come home!

Carlene Branham said...

Tooooooo funny, Erica!! That poor little spider was just trying to feed her family & you killed it, as well as salting the world. Now if you shine your light, you will have "salt & light in the world, in the world"!!!! Love your dresses too. Pretty in pink!!!

Erica Rose said...

LOL! Thank you Aunt Carlene! Poor Spider INDEED! It was probably intending on sucking the blood out of me! lol "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!" "SO!"