My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some Things I've Learned at IBC

So it's been a week since I have posted and I figured that I may as well post since I have time on my hand (even though I am leaving tomorrow for an unofficial MSA trip and haven't packed yet! LOL) so I was talking to my Mom and told her what I wanted to post so I will not let her down! Just to let you know. My experience at IBC so far has been wonderful. I have the same ups and downs, good days and bad days that I would probably have back in Cali... All in all it has been an incredible experience, so I figured I would post this....

Some things that I have learned in my short time here at IBC

1. Drama is still going to happen whether you expect it or not
2. Some people will still only become friends with you just cuz you have cute brothers (well not JUST because....)
3. You DO get a roommate (thankfully I have an incredible one)
4. You get hardly any sleep
5. I am a wonderful creation (LOL part of the women of the Bible homework is to say that constantly!)
6. Bro Rodenbush doesn't start class on time so I can be 5 minutes "late" and still be on time
7. God is God and I am not(thank you Bro. Mooney)
8. Ideas have consequences (thank you again Bro Mooney)
9. I now know what to look for in musical performances as a music leader of any kind...
10. For some reason I know the names of all our "Vocal Instruments"
11. Worship is actually translated from a word that means "WORTH ship"... how much do YOU TRULY worship??? Are you showing God how WORTHY He is of your praise and adoration?
12. Not all bridges can be burned (thank you Bro. Brown)
13. The IBC Library has so many neat books that no one checks out
14. Most IBC students are actually here for the right reason and our Student Body Prayers prove it!
15. Being without a job and income is harder than I thought!
16. Visiting home is a privilege!
17. Going to church is a form of worship in itself
18. Everything we do must be for the purpose of Godliness.... If not... then the question remains... Why waste time doing it? Godliness gives US PURPOSE!
19. Not every day will be perfect, but that makes waking up to a new day all the better
20. If you have no one else to talk to... God is always waiting there to listen

So here are just a SMALL portion of things that I have learned while here for the 3 months that I have been here... I haven't mentioned HALF of the things I've learned! LOL ONE MORE being the list of top 15 IBC Heart-throbs (guys of course) that was copied and about 20 posted up and down the hallways this morning! It made my morning! LOL it was funny! So there is that! Missin' home! Love everyone! Til next post....

4 comments:

Bekki said...

Well. You have reduced me to tears. Literally. I am so pathetic today. 19 and 20 kinda hit me where I am tonight.

Erica Rose said...

Ya as you know I had been a little depressed recently (although you have other problems) and I just keep letting all MY troubles bog me down and keep forgetting that God WANTS me to talk to Him. He WANTS to be a part of my life.... "Oh what peace we often forfeit oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer....what a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer" During prayer tonight, they had that song playing and I had already written this post and I started sobbing. God is so faithful!

Bekki said...

So true.

Carlene Branham said...

Ahhhhh Erica, you have reduced me to tears tonight. How precious that blog was. Kinda puts things into perspective, huh!!! And I love what said..."take it to the Lord in prayer". How often I agonize over things I cannot change & worry about things I have no control over when I need to take it to HIM!!! Oh, and thenleave it with Him. :-) I tend to take things to Him, then go back & pick them up!! Thanks for opening your heart & giving us a peek. It's an awesome place!! Love you so much & hope you have a wonderful weekend in Tennessee. Sure do miss you kids.....my house is quiet!!! Smooches!