My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

He is God

Hide me now, under your wings,
Cover me, within your mighty hand.

When the ocean rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm.
Father, you are king over the flood,
I will be still and know you are God!

Find rest my soul, in Christ alone.
Know His power, in quietness and trust.

When the ocean rise and the thunder roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, you are king over the flood,
I will be still, and know you are God!

Listen to it click here (love the slideshow)

Today in chapel they sang this song. The worship leader talked first of natural disasters and then storms that we go through in our life. And it sometimes seems so hard to just be still... It is as if you have to take care of your problems immediately. But what I have forgotten is that no matter what happens or what I go through... He is God and He has a plan for me and no matter what storms come my way He knows what is best for me and all I have to do is remember that, and know that He will allow me to "soar above the storm"

Lol my thought for the day!

5 comments:

Nila said...

Thanks daughter! I too need to be reminded of that. You know, God doesn't want us to try to 'fix' things. We just need to 'be still' and 'trust'.

Bekki said...

That's awesome. Just what I needed right now...

Love the cartoon by the way, even though the spiders do creep me out quite a bit.

Erica Rose said...

Mom - you are always so supportive! Love you so much!

Bekki- Thanks! And I thought of you heheh the spider is named Rebecca! LOL JK!!

Bekki said...

My eyeballs almost just came out of my head. LOL. I was like "HUH!! What?!?!"

Erica Rose said...

HAHAHAH!!!! You and spiders are a dangerous combination.... something or SOMEONE will be hurt if the spider does not quickly move lol!