My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time Sure Flies

The saying is so true. Time flies when you are having fun. And just to let all of you know, no socializing is NOT the only thing I do here. One thing I am proud to brag about is my piano practice time. I may not be the best piano player in the world, but I am having a love/hate relationship with the pieces of music that my piano teacher Sis. Tamera Gordon gives me. She recently gave me a harder note piece to work on, and it looks much harder than it is. I end up practicing over an hour some days, and not all in the same time, my friends say (and I quote) "I hate you! You are always practicing the piano, show off!" While I have had others say "Erica you are my hero, everytime I see you, you are practicing". Lol.... I just had to break down and brag on me... Sorry lol. But not only that, I spend a lot of time in classes and practices. Last night I had practice at 10pm and it went past curfew, and the night before we practiced starting at 9:30. Lol everyone was asking me how I was chosen to praise sing in Chapel 2 days in a row.... my answer? "Because I'm a Marxer" lol!!!! Most everyone said that it made sense lol. My brothers are so sought after here, it makes me proud! They are the neatest guys in the world, and I love hanging around them. I miss being around all my family though. And my friends, and my church. It makes it better that the services and prayer meetings and just everything this year has been so focused on God and the Will of God. One of the classes I am taking is called Women of the Bible, it is for girls only, and the teacher is so good, I have never thought about some of the things that she brings up concerning women in the Bible and being about to use their attributes and examples in our lives, and being able to try to keep from making the same mistakes that they did.

God has been so very good to me lately. It isn't just one thing. I am seriously in such a thankful mood. I have such wonderful friends. I really do. And I am so thankful that I am making some here. Before I came to IBC I was VERY VERY Concerned on having a roommate and what she would be like and if we would get along. I didn't have a chance to really get to know Sarah Farren, but Breana is the best roommate that I could ask for, she is so easy going and has a wonderful personality, and likes the same stuff that I like! I love her already. I honestly feel like I have more friends now than I've ever had at one time in my life lol. God has been blessing me over and over. I have not had to pay for laundry once, because Micole's parents keep telling us to come "home" to do our laundry. My classes are so neat. Each service feels like it is directed right toward me. I just feel like I am RIGHT where I need to be right now. I have learned so much in so little time. I just pray that I will put all this learning to good use!

Well church starts in almost an hour, and I haven't even started getting ready yet. Keep me in your prayers.

5 comments:

Nila said...

Glad you're practicing the piano!! Tell all those girls to stay away from my boys!! LOL
Erica, I'm so glad you are having a good time. Learn all you can, and then use it for the Glory of God!
I'm proud of you!

Uptown Jack said...

Amen Sis.Marxer!!!lol

Nila said...

From dad:
I forgot my id and pw... so I am sending this from moms:
It is SOOOO neat to hear you "bubble" over your school experience. The dorm life, the classes , the practices...everthing ....we were fearing you would be miserable and wanna come home by Labor Day. LOL :-)
And I am so glad you allow your light to shine to your entire campus/world.

Keep up the great work, enjoy..it will go by way too fast.....and remember you have alot people here in CALI thAT LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.

Love DAD

Erica Rose said...

Hahaha I have a feeling I know what Sarah was REALLY Amening about! And thank you Mom and Dad, I am so thankful that you have always been so supportive of all three of us kids in our education as well as dreams! Love you!

Carlene Branham said...

Erica dear,
I love that you love God. I love that you love your parents, your brothers & your friends. I love that you love your classes & even practicing. I am just so very proud of you & the woman you have become. I just love you!!!!