My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Friday, May 30, 2008

I Can Do This.... I think I can I think I can


Ok... for those of you who don't already know, and that is probably most of you, I am on this 7 day diet. Why do I need to diet??? I'll just get it all out now. It is because I have gained 30 pounds since November! Pretty saddening! So... I am on what is called the cabbage soup diet! Don't gross out it is actually a really good soup! Here is a link to the site so you can see what I am going through lol. I am on my second day, (Veggie Day) and am surprised I made it this far with all the distractions being thrown at me (chicken and dumplings for dinner last night, burritos at practice, and ice cream at home. Sob*!) But I can do this! Nicole is also doing it, but is 2 days ahead of me, so she is on her banana and milk day. Some pretty interesting combinations!! So the main reason for this diet is to lose 8-10 pounds... I can do this... If I keep telling myself that maybe I will believe it! Mmmm these carrots are delicious haha! I will keep you updated on how this is progressing and whether or not I actually cave in!! Oh dear, and there is a grad party tonight and there will probably be WONDERFUL Mexican food because the mom is a wonderful cook! Pray saints pray! I'll be the little engine who kinda sorta thinks she can but is not too sure!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you kindly explain the donut box with nothing left but the crumbs I found in your car, next to the empty BIG MAC wrappers. :-) Oh wait that was mine. J/K Good luck with it.

Erica Rose said...

well you see it happened like this... YOU left the crumbs, I finished the crumbs lol jk.. Oh the hardest part so far today was buying a salad and taking the olives off so it would be veggie only! SOB

Bekki said...

Yeah, see I would never make it on that diet. Even though I am a vegetarian. . . I am not THAT into vegetables. You can do it though! lol

preston said...

Cabbage Diet? Isn't cabbage known to cause...shall we say...more gastric activity than normal? Just wondering. I thought maybe they just had a scientific breakthrough in which they discovered that weight is not caused by fat, but rather trapped gas??? LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation.

Uh, good luck with that!

Bekki said...

LOL. That is all I have to say. I just burst out laughing at my computer.

Katie Booker said...

Put all the combinations together...Cabage, Milk, Bananas, fruit, beef and tomatoes...
THANK GOD I'm on bedrest and won't be anywhere NEAR you missy!!!
=) lol

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! It really isn't bad as far as the...well...you know. LOL. Seriously! AND I prefer not to call it a diet but an eating program. People are less likely to criticize when you call it that instead of a diet. Stick to it my dear for, as you know, the queen of food has made it thus far and so can you! I miss my rice and meat and bread and tortillas and pitas and eggs and french toast and...do you get the hint?

Erica Rose said...

hahaha SUCH NEGATIVITY!!! I actually literally laughed out loud too at everyone!!! Lol! Actually it's not been bad at all in the ga- er I mean the well you know lol area! hahah. I only feel like I am on my dad's water pill rushing to the restroom every few minutes! Is this what it feels like when your pregnant and the baby is on your bladder??? Strange! Lol! But I did survive tonight's Mexican food tempations!!! I had salsa (made with vegetables) and cabbage and carrots! lol I talked myself through it of course!!! lol

Bekki said...

I am sorry. So sorry. Food is so wonderful, and I can't stay away from it. LOL!!!

preston said...

Man, this must be a pretty crazy "eating program" if it makes you talk to yourself. I'd seriously think about dropping the whole thing. J/k I guess I should be encouraging you though, so...um...flatuate the fat away! LOL ;-p

Actually, you've inspired me to do research and I'm in the midst of creating a post on my blog regarding the subject. You are a great source of inspiration, I owe you! Thanks! LOL