My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day




So Mother's Day was relatively busy for me, even though I am not a mother, I guess ESPECIALLY SINCE I'm not lol. But, we ate dinner at home, and of course since I didn't come in time to help my dad and brother with the meal guess who got stuck washing the dishes??? My Aunt, LOL!!! Just kidding, I did it.

But it was a wonderful day, my grandma cried over every present and card, my Aunt cried a little, and my mom cried over everybody else's cards and then cried again when she read her own. Lol. Anyway, I am just writing this post because I am wanting to show off lol. I made my Mom and Aunt Carlene their Mother's Day gifts.

These pictures are taken with my phone so they aren't very clear, but needless to say, I put beautiful poems on each, and my mom's is a shadow box with little pop-up decorations and my aunt's is a regular frame so as to easily fit in her suitcase. What I did for my mom with the shadow box I did for about ten people for Christmas, so hers didn't take too long. Love love love scrapbooking!!!

4 comments:

Jana McVay said...

Awwww, how nice! You are such a neat young lady! I am so proud of who you are becoming! Your mom, Aunt Carlene, and Grandma are awesome ladies too!

Glad I know ya'll!


P.S. Well, I don't know Aunt Carlene as well, but since she was a Ballestero sister, she must be awesome cuz Sis. Nila, Grandma, Aunt Ramona are all awesome too!!!

Sarrah D. said...

Erica! I like your quote at the top of your blog. I have a picture thingy with the same quote in my family room. Sorry your gown in just boring boring black. LOL you should have your mom sew some cool stuff to it lol. Crazy patches or somthing.

Nila said...

My Erica Rose did indeed make sure I had a lovely mother's day. Thanks for doing dishes and making a shadow box and a picture frame. I did cry over the poems and sweet prose, but that's because I'm a sensitive person! It's my one time to shine, so I try to do the best I can! LOL By the way... black gowns are beautiful. Patches would be way too much work... and too tacky!! LOL

Erica Rose said...

Lol... I think that I will make my gown stand out just by wearing it!!! HAHAH JUST kidding! Lol. But yes I have awesome family and a wonderful mom, and she has passed on her sensitivity to me in many areas lol!!! It's in the blood!