My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vanishing Blogger is Back

Hello to any of those who still care about this blog!! It has been too long since I have posted anything. I have some drafts saved, but I never finished any of the posts, so I just gave it up for awhile. Then I realized, how much I missed it. How much it was a part of me to be able to write and to know that others were reading what was just me thinking out loud.

There has been so much going on, so I won't bore you with all the details, but I will say... God is good! I just got back from a wonderful road trip to California. Unfortunately I didn't get to see very many people while I was there (even my own church family!). I mainly spent time showing my friends from IBC around. I was NOT ready to leave, not just cuz I knew it was going to be a LOOOOONNG drive back, but because I forgot how much I missed everyone.

When I got back "home" (Indianapolis home) I began to realize how much I had to do, and that I should have used that free week to do it all! But too late, now I just have to focus a little more than I have been! We have about 3 weeks until Music Fest, so I will definitely be super busy with a lot of different things, including practices. Along with this I have some decisions that I really need to make concerning, WHAT I AM GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE! I never have been this confused on what is coming next, I have always known exactly what I am going to do... This is where the saying "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans" comes in. I hear you laughing, Lord!

Needless to say, I became overwhelmed so fast. Then I started a slight moping session, and even called Mom to complain to her about ME. She is always encouraging :). But as soon as I hung up, I went to THE Encourager, and opened my bible, and found these verses
Psalm 18:30-33
30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places

Isn't that such a beautiful thing to know? That no matter what happens, God knows what He is doing, and He will strengthen and help, as long as you can trust Him enough to give it all to Him.

Just thought I would bring you up to date on me!! Until next time..

1 comment:

Carlene Branham said...

That was an amazing post, my dear. I certainly do know what you are talking about as I sometimes feel that same way!!! You just hang on & stay true to Him....as I know you will. He certainly will direct your path! I love you fiercely!!!