My view of an imperfect but wonderful life

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Missing Erica Has Returned!

Wow... I didn't realize I hadn't blogged on here in almost two weeks! Oops! I just let time fly by between now and then! Not a lot has happened between now and then! LOL well, not a lot in my definition of the term! The last time I blogged was Saturday the 28th! I believe that was the weekend we had our IBC Connect Music Club Concert! LOL long name! So I have pictures from that, as well as from the following weekend (which would be last weekend) when we went to Indian Head, PA for an unofficial MSA trip! It was fun! Only a few of us went this time though since so many had to be out of town for various reasons. I believe there were over 100 people out of town on MSAs, and other trips last weekend. I will put up the pictures sometime soon! Don't worry.

So, I have news! I now am EMPLOYED! Last week on Tuesday, I began working at American Documents. It is an office that is working on sorting and keeping track of DOCUMENTS (brilliant) for many different AMERICAN companies (heehee). I don't quite know my exact job title, other than I do work with some Administration. But I do a lot of what is called coding and other computer work. Last week and this week my days have consisted of me getting up, going to school between 8-9 am, going to work in the kitchen from 2-4, and then having to be at my job at 4:30. I am supposed to work til 9 but only have been able to do that a few times since their system has been down a lot due to their headquarters recent move. So after work, I would be up until at least 1:30 every night due to either homework, or losing track of time! Last night was the first time in a LONG time I had been in bed by 12:30! LOL Bekki told me she was surprised I was going to bed so early. It IS early for me after all!

So this last weekend was rather relaxing! Jon Kneriem, Tiffany Clark, Fayth, Kristen, Jason and I all went to Pennsylvania for an unofficial MSA trip, needless to say it was one of the funnier trips that I have been on! The church we went to was Kristen's boyfriend's, Josh. He attended IBC the last 2 years, but didn't come back this year. He went to the Tennessee MSA with us, so I was able to hang out with him then, and other random IBC visits. But, his family was so fun to be with, his dad Bro. Miller is the pastor, and he was just so laid back. We had such a good time. Bro. Kyle Houk (not sure how to spell his name), an IBC alumni, preached the Saturday night, and Sunday services. They only had one Sunday service (in the morning) so we got to rest/nap til it was time to leave. The only problem was we left an hour and a half later than we were supposed to! We ended up stopping three times so the trip ended up being almost 8 hours instead of the 6 it took us to drive TO Pennsylvania. We pulled into the IBC parking lot around 3 am! Fun stuff! We had an eventful drive too! Tornado warnings and all! Kristen and Jason switched as soon as we got out of WV and into OH because it was raining so hard she was afraid to drive. But thank God we got back safely!

The past few days have been pretty uneventful as well. Chapel services have been amazing the past few weeks. I have become more and more appreciative of them since I have to miss both Wednesday AND Sunday morning services now. I work in the kitchen on Sunday mornings and I work at American Documents Wednesday nights! I hate being an adult sometimes! Last night was pretty fun though, it was such amazingly nice weather out that a bunch of us went outside and about 15+ of the guys played frisbee and at the same time a bunch played tag and various fun/funny-to-watch games! This all started around 10, keep in mind weekday curfew is at 11, but we were still outside when Bro Romine drove up around 11:05 and instead of asking us to go inside he EXTENDED OUR CURFEW til midnight! But just asked that we stay on the school grounds. So everyone played Red Rover and Duck, Duck, Goose (YES these ARE college kids! LOL Still young at heart!). Then all of a sudden around midnight a storm front blew in and rain just came out of no where. It poured cats and dogs and everyone scattered! It was such a fun night!

Well I will post pictures later! Keep a lookout for them! Miss everyone much!

2 comments:

Carlene Branham said...

I love, love reading your blog, my sweet Erica!!! You write exactly as you talk & are so expressive. Love that! And don't apologize for playing games. You stay young at heart dear....plus what you are doing is making wonderful memories. Someday when you are old & 60 you will say...."I remember in '09 when I was a young thing at bible school & we played duck, duck goose at midnight..." & your grandchildren will be AMAZED that they played that game when you were young!!!

Love ya girl & can't wait for Easter!!

Erica Rose said...

Awww thank you Aunt Carlene!!! LOL that made me laugh!!! My grandchildren probably WILL say that!!!! Love you too!!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!